- UAN Number is a 12 digit number and unique for PF contributor and will never change.
- UAN number is generated and allotted by Employee Provident Fund Organization.
- UAN Number act as an umbrella for multiple member identification numbers allotted to a single individual.
- Initially 4.17 corers UAN numbers generated and allocated to PF members whose contribution was received between Jan to Jun 2014.
- Employer or establishment need to tag member identification number with UAN Number.
- KYC details along with scanned/self attested copies are seeded with UAN Number.
- Bank account details with scanned/self attested copy of passbook and cancelled cheque is seeded with UAN Number.